Location: Springfield, OR
Type: Full Time
The Overnight Closer will be responsible for creating a positive member experience by providing a superior level of 1 customer service to Planet Fitness members, prospective members and guests. The Member service representatives are also responsible for cleaning the Gym, and equipment to maintain our standard of cleanliness.
**P/T and F/T available**
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greet members, prospective members and guests, providing exceptional customer service.
- Handle all front desk related activities including:
o Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions.
o Check members into the system.
o New member sign-up.
o Take prospective members on tours.
o Taking members photos.
- Memorization of club scripts for tours and phone calls.
- Facilitate needed updates to member’s accounts.
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed.
- Takes ownership of areas of responsibility, by cleaning up areas worked in and equipment used. Cleans, dusts, mops, etc…
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Customer service background preferred.
- Basic computer proficiency.
- A passion for fitness and health.
- The positions has a lot of bending, twisting, turning and standing. Knowledge and implementation of proper body mechanics is a must.
- Upbeat and positive attitude!
- Punctuality and reliability is a must. OPEN Availability desired, to fill extra shifts.
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations.
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve.
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behavior and language.
- Creative and inventive in developing ways to make job more efficient
- Must be able to work independently
- Must get to know and understand the proper use of the chemicals and cleaning materials
- Experience in cleaning is helpful
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- High School diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.