Area Manager PDX and WA Market
Location: Portland, OR
Type: Full Time
Supervision of Club Managers
- Training and implementation of new policies and procedures to Club Managers.
- Club Managers are to report directly to Area Manager on all club related issues, member concerns that Club Managers are not able to resolve, staff issues, etc. When needed, Area Manager will advise Franchisee’s with additional input (ie. Situations that arise out of the norm).
- Club Managers must report weekly with club stats, using the Weekly Email format provided, to Area Manager.
o Area Manager must account for any increases/decreases from the previous week and come up with action plans for how to make up for any losses (ie. High cancellations, refunds, conversions, etc). This will help Club Managers take responsibility for not just maintaining club functions but also to consistently challenge themselves and take ownership for club performance.
- Reprimanding Club Managers and Club Staff when needed. This includes verbal warnings and written offenses, up to termination.
- Club Inspections
o Responsible for monthly club inspections. Each club will be inspected twice per month. The first inspection will include everything on the Club Inspection Checklist. Once inspection is complete, Area Manager will go over inspection with Club Manager and point out areas that need to be addressed. The second inspection will commence later that month and will be a “re-inspection” to make sure that Club Managers have taken initiative to address any areas of concern from first inspection.
- Create monthly goals for Club Managers to increase Sales and overall club satisfaction.
- Area Managers will assist Club Manager with interviews and training all new employees.
- Be consulted on all staff promotions or outside hires for Assistant Manager Team Lead, front desk staff, training positions.
- Promote energy, enthusiasm and pride for the entire staff by offering club competition through incentives, awards, and praise.
- Conduct Managers meetings, workshops, and conference calls.
- Ensure that all clubs are cohesive in ALL areas.
- Present club numbers and reports on a weekly basis. Include club performance information in an email to Franchisees. Create month end reports reflecting memberships sold, cancellations, usage, conversions, etc.
- Monitor payroll hours for clubs, increasing or decreasing hours as needed.
- Check on clubs weekly to maintain consistency in information given.
Enhancing people’s lives with an affordable, high-quality fitness experience requires a team of inspiring, motivated and fun-loving go-getters. As one of the largest and fastest-growing franchisors and operators of fitness centers in the United States, Planet Fitness is just getting warmed up. We’re continuously seeking top talent to join us in cultivating the Judgement Free Zone® and shaping the future of our brand.
With more than 1,700 locations in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Dominican Republic, Canada, Panama, Mexico and growing, there’s plenty of opportunity on our Planet.
This club is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchise club, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of that franchise club. Planet Fitness Headquarters has no direct, indirect or reserved control over the hiring decisions made by any franchise clubs. All inquiries about employment at this club should be made directly to the club, and not to Planet Fitness Headquarters.